Simple asparagus tart with flaky crust, creamy mascarpone cheese and drizzled with raw Ontario wildflower honey.
- 1/2 lb. local asparagus
- 1 (14 oz) sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh dill as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold (or roll) the puff pastry. Trim excess to form perfect rectangle.
- Spread the mascarpone cheese in an even layer onto dough, leaving at least a 1″ border around perimeter. Season with salt and pepper
- Trim ends of asparagus, so each piece fits within your puff pastry rectangle. Make sure no ends overhang the pastry.
- Arrange the asparagus in an even layer on top of mascarpone. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Fold the edges of the pastry up and over the asparagus. Pinch together the corners to hold the folded edges around the perimeter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are golden brown and asparagus is tender
- Remove and let slightly cool. Drizzle with honey. Recommended Classic Liquid or Triple Lemon Infused Creamed honey
- Garnish with fresh dill
- Slice and serve